Encircled by a meander in the Vidourle river, a four kilometre drive from Sommières, the "Château de la Clotte" was built on the ruins of a roman villa. In 1432, according to historical documents, the castle belonged to Comte Pierre de Gange, but it was in XVIII century that Jean Mouton de la Clotte redesigned the property in the style we see it today.
In 1792, when it caught fire, the castle was owned by Comte de Montlaur; his family kept the property until last century. In the nineties, Maryline and Philippe Pagès fell under its spell and purchased the domaine. Since that time they have been working to restore the castle to its former magnificence.